6 month contract on-site at client location.
User Experience Research Assistant
We are looking for a UX Research Assistant for a novel user research team within our main consumer UX group that is responsible for the design of major consumer products, such as Search and Maps.
The team was created with a mission to extend our ability to gain systemic insights beyond ongoing iterative research and development. The focus of this novel team is on creating reusable design patterns and principles through large-scale prototype-driven data collection and analysis (in-lab or remotely).
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong experience with a variety of UX research methods such as in-lab and remote usability studies, surveys, eye-tracking studies, literature reviews, and competitive analyses. Basic understanding of statistical principles is a plus.
1. Work closely with UX designers and researchers to identify research questions, design studies, and analyze the results to discover insights around user perception, behavior, and/or attitudes.
2. The role will require excellent communication skills and experience distilling qualitative and video data into clear and meaningful deliverables (research reports, slide decks, highlight videos, etc) for both research experts and non-experts.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, HCI/Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Applied Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or other fields emphasizing applied human behavior; or in lieu or degree, some related work experience.
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Basic working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design. Experience working with large-scale survey data is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong oral, written, and visual communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with graphics and video editing tools preferred.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs