The User Experience Team follows a simple premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
UX Researchers strive to learn what they need and want from the client's products and services. As a UX Researcher, you will conduct independent research, analyse real user behavior and work with interaction designers, product manager and engineers to improve their product features and develop new ones. Your work will focus on one of our client's Business/Enterprise products and you will be encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. The client strives to connect users to the magic of their products, and your job will be to make that connection intuitive and accessible.
- Conduct qualitative research (interviews, contextual enquiry) with IT professionals and end users to better understand their needs on new concepts and the existing product.
- Conduct or collaborate with other teams to run benchmarking studies, and other forms of quantitative studies.
- Setup and run iterative usability studies where necessary.
- Working with the UX & Product team to turn key questions and user insights into actionable recommendations the team can implement.
- Presenting research findings and recommendations to project stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations.
- Demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Previous experience with research in a B2B setting is desirable but not essential.
- Proven experience of taking a research question/questions and turning that into a research plan, and executing on that plan.
- Experience working with Product, Engineering & UX in a collaborative way to impact the product.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs