Our financial services client in Vienna, VA is seeking a UX Program Manager who would be responsible for coordination and management of projects and activities within the UX team to include project evaluation plans, timelines, and operational planning in support of key strategic initiatives
1) Performs as delivery lead for UX specific milestones
• Assists with managing multiple projects under tight deadlines across a broad variety of product categories and audiences.
• Acts as initial and continuing point of contact with the business units regarding requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
• Work externally with accountable project teams (development, project management, etc.) to assist in navigating to key design milestones and delivery timelines.
• Supports the process of proactively identifying user experience or design issues and successfully addressing those issues to ensure projects stay on track to meet interim project milestones, project time/scope/quality/funding expectations, and ultimately meet business objectives
• Assists teams through the Development Lifecycle for multiple projects within various phases; ensuring that the IT deliverables meet design expectations and vice versa.
• Performs as a team project manager, delivering and managing timelines for delivery across the full spectrum of active projects in the user experience team.
• Develops and maintains a demand capacity process to evaluate team resource needs and continuous delivery capability based on work demand
• Manages necessary vendor relationships for the efficient completion of critical work
2) Manages accessibility services
• Tests Web and software applications for accessibility and usability using assistive technology and leading industry tools.
• Coordinates with relevant teams to foster an efficient approach to accessibility.
• Coordinates and maintains a knowledgebase on Accessibility that can be utilized by both design and development.
• Trains internal and external teams in understanding and application of accessibility concepts as well as in the use of effective evaluation tools.
3) Coordinates and manages the administrative process support function for the User experience team.
• Point of contact for work efficiency tools including file sharing, asset management, and processes.
• Manages the intern program including requisitioning, job posting, scheduling interviews, and supports the day to day performance and growth of interns.
4) Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Solid understanding of UX principles and ability to apply them
• Understanding of best practices for web-based content, tools, and forms
• Knowledge of leading web accessibility principles and standards
• Knowledge of interaction design, visual design, and industry standards
• Knowledge of user centered design processes and web best practices
• Knowledge and experience with modern development methodologies and techniques (e.g, AGILE, RUP, SDLC, etc)
• Demonstrated detail and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of critical work in an efficient manner
• Strong cross-group collaboration and persuasion skills
• Ability to respond quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies to usability and design challenges
• Solid design communication skills
• Strong presentation skills and attention to detail
• BA in Design, User-Centered Design/Human-Computer Interaction, or similar
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs