Are you looking for a high-profile career-boosting opportunity and flexible on location for the short term?
This could be the job for you! Our client is a Fortune 100 manufacturer that is ranked most admired in their industry by Fortune magazine. They are a leader in technological innovation and early adopters of new tools and methodologies in development and design. We are looking for a UX Lead to oversee the re-design of their corporate web site. This is a three year project in a mid-size city about 2.5 hours from Chicago. It is a salaried role with full benefits.
The UX Lead will lead the visual design of the project, ensuring consistent design across the enterprise and incorporating current market design trends. The UX Lead will coordinate the efforts of a creative team of 10 in the US and Europe and will be responsible for cultivating consensus on design ideas.
Principle Accountabilities and Contributions:
- Leverages user experience research insights and recommendations to accelerate discussions and
- decisions early in the product development process.
- Applies internal/external standards and best practices to create tangible visualizations that serve as the blueprint for front-end developers to turn a concept into a solution, while ensuring digital solutions are consistent with brand standards.
- Work at this level is highly complex, covering many user classes and personas, which may involve creating new user classes and personas.
- Designs result in complex solutions and/or a component(s) of larger, complex solutions. Solutions enable complex processes involving an expanded and more diverse set of back-end systems.
- Leads and/or participates in the creation of the user experience (UX) strategy and standards for a broad set of related solutions.
- Actively works to share knowledge across workgroups. Mentors and coaches less experienced UX Designers.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Creates and designs elements or components resulting in high quality user experience designs.
- Incorporates branding and common design guidelines into products.
- Creates wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and specifications.
- Maintains style guides for varying methods of delivery.
- Follows appropriate design methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user centered design.
- Translates analytics data into visual designs to support interpretation and generation of insights or vice versa.
- Monitors external patterns and trends and evaluates their impact on internal design philosophies.
- Performs research and makes recommendations for adopting relevant emerging design trends.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Expert level experience within User-centered visual and interaction design principles. A strong
- passion for proven and emerging interaction and UI design patterns.
- Strong creative and visual design background including web, user interface, and graphic design. (provide examples).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver clean and usable digital interfaces while applying visual brand guidelines.
- Experience negotiating with stakeholders to drive an intentional design philosophy
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead design discussions, workshops and informal teams.
- Experience with usability testing and research methodologies such as direct observation interviews, focus groups, and card sorting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while quickly shifting focus and maintaining strong attention to detail.
Technical Skills Required:
- Expert level experience with Adobe Creative Suite design tools including Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Experience with core web UI development languages including HTML and CSS.
- Experience with responsive design and/or phone and tablet interface design.