Working within a UX team and process, you will liaise closely with Interaction Designers in the creation of interactive prototypes, constantly iterating your output in response to validation with our users.
● Inform, advise and report to ELT Product Owners on all aspects of user experience relating to the projects for which they are responsible
● Respond to Instructional Designs created by Learning Experts by applying a broad range of UX methodologies, creating user personas, user journeys/stories and low-fidelity wireframes
● Liaise with Market Research colleagues to organize user testing of UX deliverables, reporting your findings, then iterating UX across our portfolio accordingly
● Establish, document and maintain a detailed knowledge of the end user across all segments and in all key global markets, consulting with the Product Development and Category teams.
● Work closely with Learning Technologies stakeholders to incorporate analytics from use of live products and services into the UX process
● Maintain oversight and cross-functional awareness of design patterns, to drive commonality where appropriate across our user experiences
● Implement best practice user experience & Agile principles across the product development lifecycle
● Liaise with and between Product Development, Learning Technologies and Market Research stakeholders to inform and validate all aspects of UX practice
● Multi-task across multiple projects and remaining calm under pressure
● Product Owner, UX Interaction Designer, Learning Expert, Developer
The Pearson English focus is particularly on these attributes:
● Resilient — perseveres with determination and conviction
● Entrepreneurial — applies expertise for success of the business
● Free-thinking — is creative, dynamic and inquisitive
● Bold — makes an impact through strong initiative and action
● International — embraces community of global, culturally-aware teams
● Committed to Excellence—delivers now and improves continuously
● Innovator – able to bring new/untried technical solutions to both current future product needs always with an understanding of customer needs.
● Clear Communicator – able to communicate with partners and stakeholders who have a wide disparity of technical knowledge, without recourse to jargon or overly-technical terminology.
● Collaborator – comfortable with maximum transparency, and can build open and trusting relations with all partners.
● Knowledgeable — strong technical understanding
● Degree-level qualification(s) or equivalent experience, ideally in Publishing or a related discipline
● Well-versed in the selection and application of UX methodologies as appropriate to different scenarios and use cases
● Skilled in the elicitation, interpretation, documentation and validation of stakeholder requirements
● Demonstrable experience in testing digital products and services with users via face-to-face and/or remote user testing
● Ability to liaise confidently with technical stakeholders
● Strong communication and organisational skills
● Agile or equivalent project management experience
● Knowledge of wireframing and/or prototyping, using Axure or equivalent
● Experience working with a range of local and international stakeholders
● Experience of ELT or other digital educational content