Our consulting client is looking for an experienced UX Lead for new client business.
You are the voice of the people. In all of your interactions — with clients, project managers, designers, engineers, and more — you’ll advocate for what users want, need, and expect from the products we create. You’re innovative, quick-thinking, and eager to learn more about what’s happening in the interactive space. Your UX/UI skills are top-notch, and you have a knack for making the complex clear.
You will liaise closely with clients, project managers, design professionals, and engineers. You will be bringing user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch. Innovative, quick to adapt and eager to keep pace with the emerging technologies, you’ll clearly articulate and defend your design decisions in front of the teams and clients.
• Lead internal and external teams in the development of user experiences for products and services
• Work closely with product management, engineering, IT, and consulting teams to translate business requirements into meaningful experiences
• Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals through the creation of personas and user flows
• Define the goals, requirements, structure, navigation and functionality of effective and engaging user interactions.
• Conceptualize experiences, collaborate in brainstorms and drive innovative ideas.
• Construct IA structures, user flows and interaction designs
• Prototype and document interactive wireframes for a compelling and understandable experience.
• Create the necessary materials and conduct informal and formal user testing sessions of low and high fidelity prototypes, in-person and remote.
• Conduct both heuristic and usability evaluations of existing and proposed designs
• Focus on data as a key element to understanding of experience success
• Lead UX design - conceptual through detailed including:
o Ability to create a compelling and consistent design systems that can be applied effectively across LOBs/Various Branding.
o Set user experience best practices and standards
o Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
o Share knowledge, be an influencer within and across the organization
o Identify and implement internal and external toolsets that will aid in the development of user experience deliverables.
o Work with external partners and agencies, when necessary, to deliver products/projects.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, Business or related discipline from accredited university
• 10+ years of experience in related user experience role or relevant industry and/or consulting experience.
• Proven track record owning or playing a majority role in the user experience/interaction design of products, sites and/or applications.
• Strong background in user interface design and development with proven ability to create functional, usable and delightful interfaces
• Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation of user experience design elements, flows, interaction and functionalities.
• Analytical problem-solving skills, excellent writing and presentation skills with experience in outlining functional specifications and content requirements, based on content inventories, task analysis, card sorting exercises and other user experience design techniques.
• Experience with multi-platform projects, media delivery applications for large audiences (web, mobile, connected devices)
• In-depth knowledge with user interface patterns for mobile, web, and responsive design. Ability to advocate the values of user experience to other disciplines.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed. Identify the best methods for user research and testing within client constraints. Knowledge of the Scrum development process.
• Proficiency with design rapid-prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch, HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision.
• Ability to interact with developers/engineers and technical disciplines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Sense of humor and a good attitude