SIX MONTH CONTRACT/TEMP TO PERM
Position is a part of the Interaction/Information Design team in the User Experience, ecommerce Strategy & Design organization. The successful candidate will have exposure to all areas of the design life cycle and be able to collaborate with other user experience disciplines as well as product owners, partners, and executives/management in an exciting, upbeat environment.
Candidate must be well versed in all topics related to user experience strategy, interface design, user-centered design, information architecture, interaction design and usability. Areas of focus include: defining/representing the customer and stakeholder needs, tasks, and goals – then translating goals into site functionality, site architecture, navigation, interaction and data flow. Also, candidate should have a bold vision for excellence in web usability and information architecture. They should be highly innovative, enjoy working with a fun, equally talented team, and inspire commitment to a higher standard.
• Collaborate with project teams to define strategy as well as site architecture and navigation. Map out user flow and experience and define high-level interaction. Ensure excellence in the user centered design methodology.
• Develop use case scenarios, flow diagrams, site maps, wireframes, high-level functional specifications, task analyses based on personas and research, and integrating these into product design.
• Work closely with usability engineering, visual design, content management, product marketing and product development to create the user interface that meets customer objectives and business goals. Plan and conduct user research and stakeholder interviews to understand requirements, negotiating change for the sake of the ultimate user experience when necessary.
• Ensure existing client's UX style guide and standards are applied or considered for all concepts.
• Provide consultation to 3rd party designers and developers and lead creative collaboration sessions for various store fronts, authenticated and application properties.
• Be willing to evangelize the user experience practice and possess a knack for educating novices and non-practitioners.
• 3-5 years experience as an Information Architect or Interaction Designer at major agency, retail or financial services institution, or large ecommerce site.
• Must enjoy a fast-paced environment with an energetic, dynamic team.
• Wireframe creation and effective documentation must be second nature.
• Experience using Axure or similar interaction design tool for prototype development and requirements documentation.
• Must be savvy with the latest usability trends.
• Express focused knowledge on competitive landscape, best practices, and standards research.
• Compatibility and adaptability to different workflow management styles.
• Ability to communicate and willingness to express ideas in whiteboard / creative jam / sketch sessions.
• Enjoy being front and center when presenting creative to teammates, partners, and executives alike.
• Required: Bachelor Degree, Masters desired.
• Degree: Information Architecture, Usability, or related major field of study: Information Science, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Web Design or Visual Arts.
• Sense of humor
• Positive and constructive
• Excellent listener and exudes patience
• Takes ownership and is accountable for actions
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
SIX MONTH CONTRACT/TEMP TO PERM