UX Architects work in the User Experience Team, which is part of a large eCommerce Product department. We’re an established group of passionate and talented UX Architects and Research/Usability experts, focused on the customer, who love what we do, and have fun doing it together. We partner closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Creative for websites and mobile applications globally. We are looking for smart, curious and passionate people to join our team!
The ideal candidate for this position must have a thorough grounding as an Information Architect and in User Experience design. He or she must be able to create, produce and refine ideas and be able to architect and communicate the experience clearly to a wide and varied audience.
• Act as the lead Information Architect to drive best in class user experiences on complex projects of varying sizes for desktop and mobile applications.
• Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience.
• Work closely with cross-functional groups to architect user interaction solutions/schema based on sound usability principles, research and technical feasibility.
• Facilitate user interface definition sessions by leading teams through white boarding exercises and discussions.
• Pin-point important issues that may require further user research with usability resources.
• Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
• Document solutions through design documents such as sitemaps, architecture-maps, user flows, scenarios, thumbnail flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Partner with Usability Managers on research plans and integrate findings into artifacts through an iterative process.
• Perform competitive benchmarks, audits, and expert reviews.
• Assist in the creation, maintenance and usage of Personas.
• Synthesize information from a variety of sources or disciplines to arrive at a broader, deeper understanding of issues.
• Remove obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track while holding people accountable for achieving their goals.
• Identify ways to streamline and/or improve efficiency of work.
• Investigate and adopt best practices and lessons learned from within and outside Staples.
• Select and apply appropriate influence strategies and build coalitions or alliances to garner support for ideas and create a foundation for future influence.
• Facilitate the effective interaction and contribution of co-workers and external partners and work to remove barriers to collaboration.
• Actively seek opportunities to include associates who have a variety of backgrounds, knowledge, styles, talents, perspectives, values and beliefs.
• Maintain a positive outlook and sense of humor in difficult situations.
Bachelors or Masters degree in a related discipline and career related exp. (i.e. Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, UX, Visual/Web Design, or Industrial Design).
• Background in a retail/e-commerce environment and/or web-based application design preferred.
• Experience creating interactive prototypes.
• Experience managing multiple projects as lead, leading large product design efforts or managing staff
• Understanding of system development methodology including the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile or hybrid waterfall) and
• Techniques for contextual inquiry and task analysis also helpful.
• Experience analyzing usability tests findings preferred.
• Master Proficiency in Adobe Suite and Axure preferred.