We are a fast moving, agile team using the latest technologies to build native & web applications. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work across the various platforms on the latest innovative technologies and tools.
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, self-starting, get-it-done UX Engineer. You will work side-by-side with world class Designers and Software Engineers to help preserve design integrity throughout the product development lifecycle.
We’re looking for a results-oriented collaborator who is a nimble engineer with keen design sensibilities. You have experience interpreting designs into fully functional interactive experiences, and do the job quickly and efficiently. You work in and with new technologies, and can quickly and smoothly learn to use new tools. You must “get” designers and have a clear understanding of the design process—interaction design, usability, visual design, and motion graphics—and demonstrate an ability to merge this with established development processes. You will also help establish new processes and tools within the studio that will evolve the way we design and build products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop UI for new features, add fit & finish to existing features, and refine complex prototypes
- Manage your work to meet tight deadlines and ensure consistent quality
- Coordinate with UX and Engineering teams to ensure interaction and visual designs are implemented according to design specs and motion comps
- Communicate clearly and effectively with project teams in all stages of design and development
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of shipping production software
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changing requirements
- Passion for improving quality, performance & reliability of engineering systems
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage yourself and others to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies, propose solutions, & drive demonstrable improvements
- Familiarity with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
Required technical skills & qualifications:
- Expert level skillset in HTML/CSS/SCSS/JS
- Experience with vanilla and modern JS technologies (node, npm/yarn, gulp, webpack, TypeScript)
- Familiarity with software engineering patterns & practices
Preferred technical skills & qualifications:
- Experience writing mobile applications for iOS, Android, or Windows Phone
- Experience writing software in Swift, Objective-C, Java, C#, XAML, etc. and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed