EXCITING permanent career opportunity for a UX Director in Dallas, TX. Our client is looking for a strategic and collaborative UX Director with extensive experience in direct-to-consumer, e-commerce online/mobile products. The right person will have a track record of success with high volume subscription-based e-commerce products, work well cross-functionally, meet business needs through innovative design solutions, and understand how to attract customers and keep them engaged. Qualified candidates may apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and salary expectations. Samples are also required. (URLs of online products or e-commerce work you've designed/directed.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for delivering quality creative web assets while fulfilling creative needs from multiple internal stakeholders.
- Translate business goals into strong design elements that can deliver on key business metrics, elevate site design and enable a strong user experience.
- Develop and maintain consistent brand and marketing creative that are applied across all consumer touch points (in particular mobile).
- Build relationships with external agency partners for creative needs and responsible for leading and directing agency partners.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of current emerging trends for interactive, mobile, advertising, design and visual communications, online consumer behavior, and technological advances.
- Effectively lead, manage and develop the internal creative team and hands-on with design responsibilities as needed.
- Ensures assigned projects are scheduled, assigned and delivered on time with accuracy and precision.
- Maintains exemplary rapport with internal clients and delivers above and beyond the level of expectation.
- Creates and maintains related technical process documentation.
- Proven track record of design experience working with consumer products and associated online marketing campaigns.
- Expert knowledge in e-commerce digital marketing, specifically towards testing/optimization methodology.
- E-commerce experience across multiple devices (i.e. tablet, mobile, etc.), mobile design experience is critical to this role.
- Experience working with product/business partners to translate business and brand goals into creative executions that have demonstrated financial/user experience impact.
- Expert knowledge of creative workflow’s and proven experience establishing best practices with creative agencies and production vendors.
- Ability to speak to design decisions in a critique-based environment and to senior-level leadership.
- Ability to identify issues and trends such as responsive web design, cross-browser compatibility, mobile standards, design patterns, reusable and scalable modules and components, etc.
- Leadership experience in managing, mentoring and inspiring a team of creative talent.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall design efforts.
- Experience in design for digital, e-commerce, mobile, email and video.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web.
- Expert knowledge on design software including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.).
- Understanding of AJAX, JS, HTML5, CSS3 and other relevant front-end technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.