UX Developer (Mid and Senior)
Assignment length: 1 year contract with the possibility to convert to perm
Onsite in Cambridge, MA
Start date: ASAP
Our client, a university is Cambridge, is looking to add three UX developers/designers to their team (junior, mid, and senior). The User Experience Designer will work in a large-university educational-technology setting to plan, design, code and test the user workflows, behaviors and interfaces of web-based applications. This role will work to understand the needs of an application's users and translate that knowledge into the creation of workflows and experiences that promote learning, with special emphasis on usability. As a member of the User Experience & Interaction team, this candidate works closely with product management, programmers and other designers to translate product requirements into highly usable web applications using cutting edge technology.
All designers must have design portfolios in order to be considered!
Minimum of 5 years of web development experience with web based applications or highly interactive web sites is required.
At least 3 years of experience designing significantly complex UI designs for web applications.
In-depth knowledge of User Experience Design principles, Human Factors, Human and User-Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability Testing Methodologies, web-industry standards and trends, platform standards, software development process, and prototyping/design.
Responsibilities / Skills:
• Develop conceptual models, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, prototypes, detailed UI design requirements and interface
• Build and write design deliverables to effectively communicate functional behavior to stakeholders.
• Create, run and analyze usability tests to measure effectiveness of UI solutions; incorporate results into overall
UX design through assessment and prioritization of business, technical and user constraints.
• Experience with jQuery a big plus
• Knowledge of ARIA, usability, accessibility (508-compliance) and cross-browser compatibility
• Familiarity with best design practices and patterns for Web 2.0 workflows
• Expert-level CSS2 skills
• Establish level of effort estimates and manage priorities based on data analysis, business objectives, technology
constraints and return expectations.
• Evaluate effectiveness of new and existing projects and features through performance metrics, customer feedback, competitive
landscape, and industry standard best practices to evolve and continuously improve user experience.
• Perform necessary research for each project including ethnography, competitive analysis, and participatory exercises.
• Advise client/team/stakeholders on user experience and human factors best practices.
• Present prototypes to client/team/stakeholders and iterates as appropriately.
• Proficiently use design tools such as OmniGrafffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, and BBEdit.
• Proficiently code in HTML, XHTML and CSS; advocate web standards, cross-browser compatibility and semantic mark-up;
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
UX Developer (Mid and Senior)