Front End Developer
Long term contract
Onsite in Cambridge, MA
Our client, a local university, is in search of a Front-end Developer for a long-term consulting basis. This role is onsite in their Cambridge, MA office and is a 40 hr/week role.
- Work with business needs for application users and translate that knowledge into the creation of workflows and experiences for enterprise applications with an emphasis on usability in an Ajax, Jquery, web services Environment.
- Work closely with project management, programmers and other designers to translate requirements into highly usable web applications using cutting edge technology.
- Identify the needs of an application's users and translate that knowledge into the creation of workflows and experiences with special emphasis on usability.
- Address complex and diverse set of interaction problems, and research and/or developing new solutions to design/technology challenges.
- Develop clean UI for web services for large data set presentation;
- Develop conceptual models, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, prototypes, detailed UI design requirements and interface designs.
- Create, run and analyze usability tests to measure effectiveness of UI solutions; incorporate results into overall UX design through assessment and prioritization of business, technical and user constraints.
- Build and write design deliverables to effectively communicate functional behavior to stakeholders.
- Strong background in developing complex, interactive web services driven by large data sets within an Ajax framework
- Development of Web based applications or highly interactive web sites and the design of significantly complex UI designs for web applications.
- User Experience (UX) Design principles, User Interface (UI), or Human Factors, Human and User-Centered Design Processes, or Interaction Design guidelines, Usability Testing Methodologies, web-industry standards and trends, platform standards, software development process, and prototyping/design.
- Familiarity with best design practices and patterns for Web 2.0 workflows
- Familiarity with best design practices and patterns for Web 2.0 workflow
- In-depth experience with skinning, UI customization, and workflow design
- Proficiency in use of design tools such as OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, and BBEdit
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Front End Developer