General recruiting post
User Experience team is looking for a professional with experience delivering User
Experience solutions for large-scale enterprise web and desktop applications. The person should
be hands on with proficiency in user-centered design skill set. This individual will work closely with
our internal and external clients to translate business requirements for –rich interactive application
projects into intuitive UI designs. Merging various disciplines such as UI design, usability, strategy,
business analysis, systems integration, and information science, this role is responsible for executing the
information structure and user experience of the project.
• Strong understanding of best-practices as it applies to rich interactive application design and delivery
for web and desktop (Flex and XAML)
• Regularly researching and identifying new opportunities to differentiate GPF’s offerings; managing
prototyping and pilots where applicable
• Work independently with business users to help reach consensus on overall design strategies
• Work with business analysts and developers to communicate the requirements and apply project
management skills to ensure projects are completed on time
• Architect the information flow to come up with detailed wire frames and screen designs using Visio,
Photoshop or HTML
• Build interactive prototypes using HTML to demonstrate that represent both the visual identity and
interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing
• Perform heuristic site evaluations and competitive site analysis
• Create and revise information architecture documents including but not limited to; site maps, user
profiles, user scenarios, use cases, wireframes, content matrices, flow diagrams/process maps, and
detailed user interface specifications
• Facilitate usability testing with internal and external users
• 5 + years of experience in interaction design, with focus on a user-centered approach
• Experience building wireframes in HTML, CSS2, Microsoft Visio
• Experience working with large-scale web and desktop (.NET) based products Financial applications
(specifically in one of the following areas: Analytics, Market Data, Prime Brokerage , Securities
Lending, SWAPS, Risk/Margin – Across Asset Classes.
• Experience in Rich Internet Application UI design (Flex, Silverlight etc.) or Desktop UI (XAML/
• Experience facilitating usability testing and user research
•Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a
user-centered design process.
•Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team,
and present ideas and designs effectively.
•Must be an effective problem solver. Comes up with creative solutions and considers many
alternative solutions to each problem.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs