• Maintain and enhance new and existing UI and UX across all sites.
• Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
• Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Lead and perform user, A/B and Multiple Variant testing
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams that include representatives from client, particularly Creative and Web Production, and contribute to best-in-class user-experience implementations/practices.
• Create and/or contribute to design, technical and functional documentation such as detailed architectural and design documents (preferably in Atlassian Suite.)
• Participate in project/sprint planning, meetings, peer reviews, and evaluate project activities for compliance with design/development guidelines and standards.
• A passion for polishing pixels
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical training or studies in a field related to UX, UI and web development
• Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments, preferably in a news/media/information organization
• Ability to define, architect and implement UI/UX solutions based on stakeholders’ requirements and designs
• Extensive experience in using UX best practices to design and develop solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
• A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
• Experience working on compliance with section 508 accessibility controls
• Experience in front-end security for role-based application security
• Experience with industry-standard digital tools, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Web UI toolkits and/or other interaction prototyping tools
• Must own duties that evolve from wireframes to HTML/CSS prototypes to finished digital products
• Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research
• Ability to work collaboratively across different departments
• Must have strong customer relationship skills
• Familiarity with agile methodology and Scrum
• Awareness of trends and best practices in designing for a subscription-based news website
• Experience with multimedia journalism and data visualization is a plus.