We are seeking a skilled UX professional who can review a large Video Management System (with well-known entertainment brand). This video system was built internally and it definitely looks like it was built by engineers without a UX'er involved ;)
That's where you, the UX expert, comes in! You will need to work closely with the product owners and engineering team and start by assessing the existing platform, learning its use cases and functions and identifying areas for improvement. You will be working in an agile iterative fashion to improve the platform's usability and UI design. In addition, this UXer must have user research and IA experience. This system hosts decades of video content and it's not easily search-able or accessible. Part of your focus will be to re-architect the information to improve findability. The ideal candidate has experience working with CMS and search applications.
- This person needs to be onsite three days a week (in Stamford) and can work remotely the other two days.
- They should have at least 5-7 years experience
- They will sit with two other onsite UXers, but they will be the only UXer on this application team and should have experience and be confident leading UX initiatives independently.
- This is a long-term role 12+ months
- Person will report to the VP of UX
- Experience with Sketch would be nice
- Experience working with Video Hosting Platforms (not a requirement)
***3 days in Stamford, CT and 2 days remote. There's a shuttle at Stamford train station (45 min from Grand Central)