Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company, has developed an world-class enterprise design system (pattern library & style guide) that is used across dozens of internal web applications, and they are now looking for a UX Designer to be devoted to the continual design and improvement of it. . Working with a Web Developer, they will be responsible for day-to-day improvements and creation of new features. Experience working with Design Systems is strongly recommended and knowledge of Atomic Design is a definite plus
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience. Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
• Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, white-board markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through research and ideation and move to the next stage
• Drive the design of next generation, navigation schemes, design patterns, components and templates across the company’s applications, insuring a consistent, appealing, intuitive user experience.
• As you move from concepts to more detailed designs, create low and high fidelity prototypes that allow you to collaborate and quickly iterate ideas with the project team and get designs in front of end-users for validation.
• Create final design documentation. At times Lean UX can be applied and at times you may need to be heavier on the documentation. Deliverables might include prototypes, wireframes, flow diagrams, constellation maps, and detailed design specs, style guides.
• Perform generative and evaluative Research as necessary using standard methodologies and outputs including: personas, stakeholder interviews, contextual inquires, field studies, customer journey mapping, service blueprints, mental models, task analysis, card sorting, usability tests, cognitive walk-throughs, expert reviews, customer satisfaction monitoring, focus groups, brand audits, and competitive analysis.