Aquent's Fortune500 client in Boca Raton, FL is looking for a UX Designer for Mobile (iOS) for a 6-month contract (40/hrs, 5 days, onsite) with potential to extend beyond.
• Conceptualize, design and develop user interface designs in a fast-paced online/mobile environment. Consumer applications as well as enterprise platforms
• Collaborate with stakeholders within a multi-disciplinary team to gather design requirements and translate those requirements into high-quality visual solutions
• Understand UI/UX best practices and drive improvements in designs and methodology
• Design and develop user interface components and assets
• Realize product concepts into visually compelling application designs
• Create models that form the theoretical foundation for great solutions: workflow diagrams, flowcharts, storyboards, personas, etc.
• Establish a high-level vision for the solution
• Collaborate closely with business stakeholders, product owners and development leads
• Create low-fi sketches and wireframes to establish the rough direction
• Create precise, hi-fidelity mock-ups and interactive prototypes for phased user testing
• Conduct usability testing and provide analysis
• Write thorough UI design specifications and style guides
• Support developers through the development phase
• Design and documentation of user interfaces from detailed business requirements for application development, public and contract site
• Responsible for the Office Depot image library and setting standards for use of icons, images, style sheets across all applications and web sites
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
• 6 years of related work experience in technology/ e-commerce
• Experience designing consumer, enterprise software, and transactional web sites (e-commerce, Mobile, etc.).
• Strong skills in Sketch, Azure, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq
• Experience designing responsive websites
• Experience in researching users and conducting usability testing.
• Technical experience in HTML and CSS coding.
• Previous experience in impressive and dynamic GUI Design
• A strong portfolio that reflects your industry experience
• Proven knowledge of usability and its principles
• Strong experience in creating user-centered designs
• Graphical competence in developing wireframe designs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent conceptual and big-picture design skills including user experience architecture and information architecture
• Natural ability to empathise with different end user groups
• Strong visual design skills and a detailed knowledge of fundamental design principles and disciplines that affect typography, colour use, animation, composition, use of space, weight etc.
• Attention to detail and the ability to distil simple solutions from complex problems
• A deep understanding of user-centered product development methodology
• Self-motivated, solution-oriented and willing to work in a fast-paced online development environment
• Strong interaction and information design skills
• Strong familiarity with Web design patterns and UI toolkits
• Fluent in a range of design tools
• Self starter
• Attention to detail
• Commitment to job
• Project and goal focus
• Results Orientation
• Ability to multi-task
This position currently has no direct management responsibilities; however, may lead to an opportunity under the E-commerce Creative Director to manage the UX design team.
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
2-3 years: Agile experience (Scrum/ Kanban)
3 years: Experience in creating user-centered designs
3 years: Experience in designing for mobile devices
3 years: Experience in researching users and conducting usability testing
4 years: Technical experience in HTML and CSS Coding
6 years: Related work experience in Technology and/or E-commerce