Vitamin T is working with a wonderful company looking for a motivated and creative User Experience Designer professional to assist with the continued growth and innovation of their digital product portfolio. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative and versatile individual with experience designing intuitive workflows. He/she has deep experience with interaction design, is fluent in web and mobile information architecture, and can translate functional objectives into detailed specifications. The candidate carries a thorough understanding of his/her end users, a passion for user-centered design, and a critical eye toward clear visuals and text. We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
The Designer is responsible for applying basic knowledge of design principles and practices in UX Design to support software development and innovation visioning that have limited complexity. This role will be heavily involved in user research, UX visioning for concept generation, concept testing, and concept presentation in support of software development projects.
*Please note - these are the requirements for the senior role - there is flexibility for the right candidate*
• Work with product owners and design research team to develop research brief. Help research lead with target user recruitment. Lead design research sessions. Coordinate and guide junior design staff on field trips. Engage target users and ensure successful research outcomes. Develop and communicate actionable insights to Product Teams.
• Demonstrate design experience and lead user story development brainstorms.
• Demonstrate design experience and audit product hypothesis for concept feasibility, viability, and desirability.
• Coordinate with external analytics vendors to analyze and report out gaps in user experience.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of color theory and graphic techniques to develop UI style guides. Build and test prototypes to validate advanced user experiences driven by emerging technology.
• Demonstrate exceptional 2D representation skills, Low and Hi-Fidelity Prototyping skills, and communication skills.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or UX Design
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Experience with web or mobile coding, software development best practices
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Ability to work within cross-functional teams to create software products
• Strong analytical skills
• Six Sigma Green belt
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Candidates must have a digital portfolio & be local to the Chicago-land area.