User Experience Designer
Want to apply your user experience design skills with an organization that is dedicated to improving education and learning? Join our client’s Information Services Department as a member of our technology development team! Information Services at our client includes the delivery of web, media, and information solutions that empower educators with engaging technology. The services we offer range from strategic planning and needs analysis to multimedia and content development, e-learning, and complex application development.
We seek a multi-talented user experience and visual designer to work collaboratively with teams of developers, content experts and project managers.
The ideal candidate is:
• First and foremost a user experience designer who thrives on improving user experiences
• Is a thinker AND a maker -- can lead the design vision on a project and can roll up his or her sleeves and create detailed design specifications and code-ready files.
• Flourishes when working on a wide range of projects with a multidisciplinary team
• Is an organized multi-tasker, resourceful, and attentive to details
• Has a sharp eye for visual consistency and produces compelling and engaging designs that support the agency’s brand
This is a temporary, full-time position located in our San Francisco office. There is potential for this position to become a permanent, full-time position. We offer a flexible work schedule and a supportive work environment.
The designer will work with multidisciplinary teams to:
• Lead design of websites and web application user experience, guiding clients through strategy and design process and working with the development team through implementation and delivery.
• Collaborate on user requirements gathering
• Conduct user research and audience analysis
• Collaborate on concept and feature development
• Create site maps
• Design wireframes and low-fidelity mockups for responsive website and applications
• Produce visual designs adhering to agency guidelines and brands
• Iterate with client and development team throughout the development process.
• Produce design specifications and production graphics for implementation
• Ensure usability and user interface standards are applied throughout the web development process
• Create designs that adhere to and based on universal design principles
The designer may work on projects such as:
• Online learning environments
• Social and promotional websites
• Blog-driven websites
• Administrative systems user interface
• Data-driven web applications
• 4+ years experience as a user interface designer, user experience designer, and/or visual designer
• Demonstrated abilities in all phases of designing user experiences
• Strong visual design skills including layout, information architecture, color palettes, typography, and iconography
• Experience with responsive design
• Compelling portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of project sizes and skills. *Please provide links and a description of role on each project.
• Solid skills in Photoshop and Illustrator. Skills in Keynote, Omnigraffle, or other wireframing tools
• Experience with user research, audience analysis, usability testing, and persona creation
• Proven experience and enthusiasm for user-centered design principles
• Ability to communicate design rationale to an audience of mixed backgrounds and design/web experience
• Experience with or willingness to learn about accessibility standards (WC3 or 508 compliance)
• Working knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS.
• Eager to learn about new technologies, education, and new design standards
Nice to Have, But Not Required
• Experience designing for e-learning, K-12 education, or teacher training
• Logo design or branding skills
• Content strategy skills
• Video, animation, multimedia skills
• Data visualization and interactive map development experience
• Comfort working in an agile work environment.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
User Experience Designer