As a Lead Designer in the User Experience Team you would be responsible for defining, designing and implementing features on the set top box and remote control that would improve the overall user experience. The position would report to the Design Director and would require close collaboration with the Engineering and Product Management teams as well as fellow designers across the organization.
Job Duties & Requirements
• User Experience: work with business, product and engineering leaders to develop quality user-centered solutions for set top boxes. Brainstorm and collaborate with other user experience and graphic designers and with engineers on multiple projects. Includes collaboration and alignment with teams responsible for the online and mobile experiences.
• Documentation: for assigned projects, create briefs, user scenarios and storyboards, text strings, flow charts, annotated wireframes and any other documentation that defines the user experience. Includes providing direction to technical writers creating specification documents and approving the final specs.
• Deliverable & Deadline Management: create clean, comprehensive deliverables and work with the studio manager to ensure deadlines are met.
• Research Participation: support creation of usability and focus group test plans. Develop, or support development of, user interface prototypes for research; these range from paper prototypes to interactive prototypes, as appropriate.
• Software Development Support: work with engineers during various stages of the product development lifecycle. Review software builds, identify and solve issues, and manage relevant updates to specifications, as needed.
Required Characteristics & Abilities
• Problem solving: digest the goal/challenge of a project, create realistic solution options, identify pros/cons and make recommendations.
• Collaboration: work effectively within and across teams, with multiple personality types and cultural backgrounds, and contribute productively and respectfully to debates during development.
• Communication: crystal clarity in speech and writing, includes making presentations to various audiences (engineers, managers, executives)
• Initiative: lead/drive projects, anticipate challenges and meet deadlines, manage time.
• Receptivity: able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge adeptly.
• Agility: work comfortably in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Required Knowledge & Experience
• Degree in information architecture, interaction design or UX
• Requires experience in user-centered design, user requirements analysis and usability testing
o Strong in set top box UX design or web, consumer electronics or similar product UI if related to television/entertainment
o Cross platform design experience (creating experiences that will have consistency across different devices) is a plus
o Ability to write accurate, clear, concise and thorough specification documents that software developers and testers can easily understand
• Software proficiency
o Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Acrobat
o Omnigraffle, Axure
o Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
- 5 years of experience ideal
- 3 years is the min
- TV Experience --> Entertainment, video, gaming, remote control based work, 10' design
- True UX design not visual --> if they have visual it is okay but not required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs