You are an exemplary hands-on UX designer that will thrive on defining user problems with empathy, designing with purpose, inquisitively learning and refining with rationale and resulting in amazing experiences which both delight our users and achieve business goals. You have applied knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX best practices, trends and emerging technologies. In this role you’ll be owning the story from concept through to implementation; partnering with colleagues from cross-functional teams. Focusing on users needs and wants, you will collaborate with a team of engineers, product managers, user researchers and other user experience designers focused on our flagship product and helping over 60 million people a month.
You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable actionably aligning disciplines using design thinking principles. You excel at working closely with multiple design, product and engineering teams. With a focus on connecting consumers and professionals, you will help architect experiences across all form factors and personas. You will be working equally on desktop as well as mobile web and will also influence our native team design.
- Create amazing experiences to help our users
- Define user needs, generate insights and craft how people will interact with the products and services we offer
- Lead stakeholder & customer workshops, brainstorms and design definitions
- Create amazing experiences and pixel perfect designs
- Rapidly prototype using Principle or other tools
- Work with the product and development teams to create and ship on a regular basis
- Provide thought leadership in promoting and applying user-centric design thinking on projects
- Make timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Guided by user insights, anticipate user needs and drive ux solutions that are beyond user expectations.
- Make timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as well as experience integrating user research into design practices.
- Applied knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX Design best practices, trends and emerging technologies
- Experience designing products for consumer audiences from concept to implementation.
- Online portfolio demonstrates solutions that represent the most user-centric intersection of content, business, technology, and design
- Proven leadership in communicating and applying research, conceptual ideas, and design rationale; all within a user-centered design process
- Degree in human factors, HCI, information design, or related area.
- Experience designing projects for multiple device types and contexts.
- Ability to create interactive prototypes.