Aquent's Fortune500 client in Richfield, MN is looking for a UX Designer for a 4 month (40/hrs 5 days, on site) with potential to extend beyond.
Responsible for working with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces.
• Bachelor’s degree in human factors/usability or related discipline.
• 5-7 years related experience
• Experience with both large and small scale online projects – full project lifecycle – Preferred
• Experience with financial/investment/insurance applications – Preferred
• Experience working within a large organization – Preferred
Skills and Competencies:
• Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
• Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc
• Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles
• Experience applying a web design standard
• Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML,CSS)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop - Preferred
• An understanding of accessibility design issues - Preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in project teams
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Strong detail orientation, and a passion for consistency
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
• Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
• Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
• Executes business acceptance test cases and testing
• Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints
• Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
• Continuously develops self by staying current of industry trends and best practices.
• Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.