Aquent's Fortune500 client in Seattle, WA is looking for a UX Designer for a 6 month assignment (40hrs 5 days, on site) with potential to extend beyond.
- Responsible for working with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces.
- Bachelor’s degree in human factors/usability or related discipline
- 5-7 years related experience
- Experience with both large and small scale online projects – full project lifecycle – Preferred
- Experience with financial/investment/insurance applications – Preferred
- Experience working within a large organization – Preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles
- Experience applying a web design standard
- Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML,CSS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop - Preferred
- An understanding of accessibility design issues - Preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in project teams
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong detail orientation, and a passion for consistency
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Executes business acceptance test cases and testing
- Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Continuously develops self by staying current of industry trends and best practices.
- Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
If interested in being considered for this position, please apply to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately regarding next steps.