Our client in the financial services industry is looking to build out a new team of UX Designers on a contract basis.
As a member of the User Design team, the UX Designer analyzes client/colleague/user needs to create a world-class user experience for colleague programs/applications used on desktop, mobile, kiosk and any interactive device. Working with stakeholders, create application/website strategies to satisfy user needs. Define site architecture and navigation. Conduct or coordinate user research and document intended user experience.
Information Architecture & Interaction Design
• Brainstorm and collaborate with product, business system analysts, developers, and other stakeholders to identify user interface needs and define use cases.
• Defines interaction design through building an interactive Axure prototype for individual screen elements, navigation, and interactions.
• Provide an initial list of usability ideas, questions, and suggestions during requirement-gathering phase. Surface these to help shape business requirements and push for user experience requirements.
• Develop UX/IA documentation (outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes) for web/desktop/ mobile/kiosk/interactive applications to define functionality and user behavior.
• Responsible for “wireframing” design solutions and creating user experience patterns to be reused in applications.
• Analyze and interpret existing business documentation, requirements, features, and functionalities per project.
• Conducts or coordinates user research and acts as the voice for users/ clients/colleagues during the project. Iterates on design ideas during the research process. Becomes the voice of user needs and user feedback from research sessions.
• Conducts research on new and emerging UX/UI trends to educate and keep current and forward thinking.
• Created visual design systems and comps/ visual design deliverables for the team.
• Participates in post-launch activities to evaluate the customer experience like benchmark testing, heuristic evaluations, keeping track of how ux benchmarks are being met.
• Responsible for integrating the User Testing process and other research activities into UX projects
• Develops prototype and makes appropriate revisions to wireframes
• Works with product to develop usability test script
• Analyze data collected from prototype test group and submit final report of usability revision recommendations to project stakeholders.
Copywriting (nice to have)
• Provides clear and concise web copy for client facing and colleague facing systems.
1. Minimum 5 year’s experience with information architecture and interaction design of web sites
2. Minimum 5 years of experience using interaction design tools for prototyping like Axure
3. Minimum 5 years leading and defending user experience projects and client interaction
Job Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Science, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Visual Design or a similar field preferred
• Prefer background in digital agency, retail, automotive industry, financial services institution, or large ecommerce site
• Experience managing client relationships and complex deliverables
• Highly skilled at wireframe creation and effective documentation development and requirements documentation
• Strong understanding of responsive design as well as touch design best practices
• Experience with Axure, Sketch, InVision, OmniGraffle, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign,etc ), Visio, User Research
• Strong collaboration, organizational and analytical skills, working with cross-functional teams and external users
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, with strong preference for prior education/training experience
• Ability to adapt to evolving trends in design and development