This position will be supporting our global retail client whose Headquarters are in Portland with a division in Carlsbad, CA and the majority of the project is for the division in Carlsbad and thus SOME TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED. Travel will be to Carlsbad, California and expected to be 1 week per month on average. Candidates MUST BE available to travel for this role.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. Web Design skills is a MUST HAVE; specific to User Experience. Along with:
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred but experience will trump the education
- We want Web Designers – NOT Creative Designers who lean more towards Marketing.
- Must have previous HTML or CSS experience
- Ideally comes from a previous retail or apparel ecommerce background
- Tools Used: Sketch, OmniGraffle, Adobe XD
General Position Summary:
Digital team is seeking an outstanding individual for the user experience (UX) designer position.
This position will have experience turning high-level concepts into pixel-perfect UI renderings and prototypes across mobile and web experiences. The candidate will have solid experience at the front of visual design, architecting web and mobile application experiences and translating research/requirements into wireframes and user flows. The role will work closely with UX researchers, UX prototypers, product owners, engineers and other design disciplines bringing the design concepts to life.
• Effectively document and communicate the product design intent using various techniques—e.g. wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, user work flows
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Lead design reviews and bring forward inspiring ideas to the team
• Create user flows, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes as necessary to evaluate & define user experiences and new features
• Promote design guidelines, UX/UI best practices and standards throughout our website and products
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify key ideas and concepts including user stories and customer journeys for target customer types
• Translate ideas and concepts into wireframes, mockups, and visual specifications for execution by engineering team
• Generate feedback and iterate on design and experience decisions through internal and external feedback sessions and usability testing
• Identify and solve design challenges including developing and iterating on attractive designs, graphic elements, and core assets
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from a top university or equivalent experience
• Five or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
• Intellectual curiosity and structured thinking
• Expertise in UX and prototyping software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Adobe XD and the like
• Design skills & familiarity with GOMS
• HTML and CSS skills a plus
• Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
• A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
• Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.