Our client is a digital leader in banking and they are looking to hire a talented UX Designer in their Wilmington, DE office, This UX Designer opportunity is contract to hire, 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
Our client is the neighborhood bank for thousands of communities across the country and serves approximately one out of every six Americans through more than 5,600 bank branches; 19,000 ATMs; mortgage offices; online and mobile banking; as well as relationships with auto dealerships, schools and universities. They have the most visited banking portal in United States, and mobile users are growing at a rate of nearly 350,000 per month. With such a broad range of consumer businesses, the mission is quite simple: to be industry leader in customer experience. They are undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. They are investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambitions is to position themselves as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
This UX Designer will work with UI/UX designers, business developers, graphics designers, user experience research, user strategy, project managers, copywriters and other creative professionals comprise the teams within the Digital Customer Experience Organization. These professionals are responsible for delivering unique and innovative designs and experiences across organizations, applications, products and offerings. Diverse backgrounds range across design agencies, mobile handset manufacturers, financial institutions, mobile carriers, startups and content providers. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, planners and researchers committed to designing the future of banking. This UX Designer role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts.
A user-centric view is paramount while providing simple, fun and innovatively enriching web and mobile experiences for our customers. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside our data science, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences (from Customer Journeys & Ecosystem Maps to Participatory Design Prototypes & Wireframes). You will work with a team in 2 week sprints and will be responsible for creating wireframes, visual design, and backlog. This is a highly collaborative, fast paced role.
UX Designer Knowledge, skills + experience:
A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must. Finally, you are a customer experience advocate, excited about our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
- BFA or BA in related field, graduate design degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in user experience design required.
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- Proficient in InVision, Adobe CC, Sketch, and Axure (not a must)