Actively seeking a designer with experience in enterprise software design or similar.
The candidate should show experience in system design, workflows, technical processes. We would prefer a candidate with a background more aligned to a systems thinker/architect type and not as much visual design experience.
We need designers who take into account business objectives, user needs, experience principles, and industry best practices to inform decisions and will deftly balance tactical implementation with big-picture strategic thinking. We love people with a deep understanding of software development processes, who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty with experience prototyping and development. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, engineering, and production. A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms (e.g. Mobile, Connected TV, Web/Desktop, etc.) is required.
You will be an individual contributor working on product design and feature initiatives from concept to launch for our interactive experiences and internal applications. Working closely with a multidisciplinary design, engineering, content, and research team you’ll drive progress, uphold standards, and advocate for exceptional customer experiences. In this role, you will both manage and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines, while taking a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development. You will also seek user and business validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots, as you develop new experiences and translate them to multiple design languages (e.g. Material, iOS, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or closely related field.
- Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Deep understanding of UX design principles and methodologies as they relate to software development.
- Highly capable in core design abilities, including composition, typography, and color theory.
- Competency in existing and emerging interaction paradigms including touch, NUI, GUI, Virtual Reality, and the Internet ofThings.