Our client is a large financial institution in Plano, Texas and they are looking for a UX/UI Designer to work with their User Experience team for a contract to hire position. This is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
What You Bring as a UX/UI Designer: You have a background in digital, geek out about the latest technologies, and believe that no digital experience is perfect unless it delights customers in ways they never knew were important – but now can’t live without. You have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything’s possible” mindset. You’re proud of your work, your skill, your experience and your expertise. You’re not cynical, inflexible, or only about your portfolio and you want to be part of something great. Your designs are thoughtful and make sense in a mobile context. You know how to leverage and advocate for the unique interaction patterns of iOS and Android; and you’re not afraid to try something new to raise the bar where it makes sense for the customer.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful as a UX/UI Designer:
- You have demonstrated experience improving digital user interfaces through various tools and techniques
- You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer’s banking needs
- You have demonstrated record of success inventing and launching successful features
- You are experienced the end-to-end design process, balancing customer insights and business goals
What you’ll do as a UX/UI Designer: Primarily, research, explore and document the insights, reasoning and decisions that validate our approach to the final product or experience; secondarily, create high-fidelity visualizations of the digital experiences we intend to create. You can write solid front-end code, or design in the browser, too? Great, that’s a plus.
- Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
- Collaborate and create visual design and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts
- Translate business requirements into (lo or hi-fi) visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize task flows
- Partner with Product Managers to influence product design and express / own the UX strategy
- Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend
UX/UI Designer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with user experience design
- Master’s degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction
- 5 years of experience with user experience design for digital products
- 5 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- 5 years of experience with information architecture
- 4 years of experience with prototyping tools (Sketch and InVision are big pluses)