Are you interested in working on a cutting-edge business that understands and values your work and sees user experience, customer experience, and service design as key strategic priorities? Join us as a designer for the next generation business application in the cloud. You’ll create experiences that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. The role’s broad scope will give you ample room to flex your design muscles-both on projects that have immediate impact on the business as well as explorations that shape our long-term strategy, vision and direction. Our client is one of the most innovative, tech-driven businesses in the world with huge breadth, reach, and capabilities. You should have a strong interest in technology and know-how to work alongside engineers and product managers, and an ability to tell compelling stories about users and products to support your work.
Other success factors for designers in our agile environment:
Thoughtfulness-You’re thoughtful and deliberate in your choices and able to articulate that on the fly across a cross-functional team, and occasionally, conflicting priorities and objectives.
About the team:
Your new team is part of one of the larger in-house design studios which is reshaping the digital experiences for modern cloud-based business applications and services. The team is comprised of widely talented and diverse individuals with interesting backgrounds and sometimes perplexing passions. It’s an environment where creativity and innovation thrive, and where you can solve hard problems and make a positive impact every day. From our perspective-this is the moment to join, we are ready to grow, positioned to win and will be the next big design team that others wish they were part of.
A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling visual design presentation. Showcase your experience in visual and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We’d like to see a diversity of projects, but be careful that your portfolio doesn’t get scattered or overly long-focus on curation and quality to choose a solid collection of outcomes and design intermediaries and deliverables, and be sure the portfolio demonstrates the design and thought process behind each image.
- Design degree or equivalent experience plus 1+ years’ industry experience in interactive design, visual design, and/or information architecture. You must have strong visual design skills in addition to an understanding of UX/interaction design principles.
- Demonstrated breadth across IA, usability, IxD, and visual design
- The ability to quickly turn around projects in a fast-paced, iterative environment and proven ability to work with data from customers
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently, and rapidly produce deliverables
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience designing for enterprise software/services for desktop, tablet and mobile form factors
- Experience with UI design principles and patterns