Our Fortune 500 client is seeking an UX Designer to join their User Experience team for a one year assignment with a high likelihood of extension in Westlake, TX. The User Experience team creates compelling, consistent, and highly usable experiences for the travel industry. We approach our projects with high standards, utilizing best practices to deliver consumer-grade user experiences. As a User Experience Designer, you'll be aligning team and departmental communication relative to your product and project teams. You'll engage your interaction design skills as part of a growing team of dedicated user-centered design professionals, working with developers and product managers on creating innovative user experiences across our portfolio. Your contributions play a critical role to the overall success of the project.
What you will do:
- Responsible for driving estimating and scheduling of user experience deliverables, aligning with business commitments of time/budget.
- Participate in discussion on the vision and future state of the products you engage.
- Engage in early discovery and engagement planning activities with our customers.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency and application of different user experience tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with solution managers, business analysts, and development teams to define user goals and requirements for your product.
- Conduct research to understand the product, the user, business need and market opportunities with your project.
- Create initial design concepts that achieve stated user goals and business objectives.
- Learn, integrate and leverage our enterprise design library, aligning your project work with design standards for usability, accessibility and functionality.
- Produce interactive prototypes aligning with project requirements and internal best practices for software application development.
- Participate in ongoing user research and usability test evaluations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in faculty related to design, computer science or psychology
- 2-5 years of related design and prototyping experience
- Experience with designing and developing across multiple form factors (mobile, tablet and desktop)
- Familiarity with design thinking principles and methodologies
- Experience with Axure, Sketch, InVision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, willing to dig in and get their hands dirty
- Front-end coding experience is a plus