Design can be a driving force in radically transforming the search experience. Are you looking for a challenge that encompasses a broad set of design requirements and the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and passionate design studio? This Design Studio focused on search in a major global tech company is seeking a talented Designer with strong ux, interaction and visual design skills to help drive and develop best-in-class consumer experiences in a fast-paced environment.
As a UX Designer you will be creative, open-minded, and have strong communication skills. You will work closely with a large design team, engineering, program management and research to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, fast-paced, and collaborative peer environment.
• 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer and or Interaction Designer in a product, web, mobile, agency, and or large consumer online company.
• BA in User Experience, Graphic or Interaction design, or equivalent education or experience.
• Demonstrated ability to strategically solve complex design problems.
• Self-starter: Someone that can hit the ground running, pick up tasks quickly and own until completion.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
• Ability to work within and meet tight deadlines, that could change on a moment’s notice
• Ability to pivot and shift as product goals change or adapt.
• Ability to work within a team of varied personalities and disciplines.
• Ability to speak up and voice their opinion in a constructive manner
• Someone that is not afraid to ask questions and get to the right answers quickly rather than later.
Desired Design Skills:
• Expert skills using Adobe Design Suite – especially Illustrator, and other design software in a PC environment.
• Experience using Sketch on a Mac.
• Work samples that show both strong interaction and visual design proficiency.
• Experience with all stages of product development – concept, wireframes, design iterations, production and QA.
• Cross-platform experience – desktop, tablet and mobile.
A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation. Your portfolio should showcase your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We’d like to see a diversity of projects and a solid collection of outcomes and deliverables (flows, mockups, and prototypes), with demonstrations of the design and thought process behind each project.