Do you love problem solving with your design skills? Does the field of Media & Entertainment interest you? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level?
Then THIS Opportunity is for you! Our Fortune 500 Media & Entertainment client is looking to add an UX Designer to their team in Knoxville.
- 3 Years of UX Design experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in Business or Information Technology degree desired
- Excellent communication skills for discussions, presentations, and documentation. Examples of slide decks and documentation are required - digital portfolio preferred.
- Exceptional interviewing, probing, and influencing skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Process modeling, preferably using BPMN
- Understanding of basic finance and experience preparing business cases / financial justifications
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in digital asset management preferred
- Experience in live streaming video and / or working with OVPs (Online Video Platforms) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with agile scrum methodology
- Work with business users and stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their needs, processes, goals, and priorities.
- Document business processes and assist with process improvements.
- Gather and maintain business requirements with appropriate documentation (for example, a story backlog and acceptance criteria for an agile project).
- Act as a liaison for business customers in technology projects.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for business needs.
- Design user experience solutions for multiple products on various platforms.
- Participate in developing the research and user experience plans for each project.
- Apply user-centered design principles to help create these product experiences.
- Act as a user advocate, leveraging user research methodologies and techniques to identify insights about users and how to build products that meet their needs.
- Quickly and iteratively create artifacts that illuminate user tasks, define proposed product functionality, turn business requirements into conceptualizations of the proposed product, and effectively communicate the overall user experience to the project team and our business partners.
- These artifacts may include:
- Competitive product analyses, Personas, Task/process flows, screen flows, storyboards, usage scenarios, detailed descriptions of proposed interactions/behaviors, usage models
- Information architectures, site maps, navigation maps, page flows, sketches, conceptual design mockups, wireframes, prototypes, interaction design idioms and other user experience design deliverables as needed.
- Gather and track feedback and key design decisions generated from continuous review of these artifacts to iteratively improve the user experience.
- Conduct usability evaluations using paper or semi-functional prototypes or existing applications.
- These artifacts may include:
- Facilitate Design Studios with other designers and members of the development team.
- Work closely and efficiently with a cross-functional and interdisciplinary team that includes other analysts, designers, UI developers, architects, and distributed development teams.
- Lead backlog-grooming sessions to explain the business requirements to development teams and collaborate on refinements and clarifications.
- Recognize project risks and make recommendations to the Service Delivery Manager that balance tradeoffs, scope creep, iterative design, and phased releases.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products for the purpose of bringing new ideas to each project.