The UX designer will work through early stage design projects. Designs user interfaces for web, software, and/or hardware products. Writes functionality design specifications. Design and implement prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, affinity diagrams, and journey maps. Generates design ideas via collaborative ideation; presents and sells designs to fellow designers and key stakeholders. Understands customer needs and motivations and integrates them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality. Acts as consultant to other team leads and may manage external production and design resources.
About the Project:
This team is supporting an internal product that is focused around project management. The product is expected to be released in the fall and will be replacing a current system. The goal is to create a user-friendly system to for Project Managers internally and externally.
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a lead role
- Experience working with enterprise applications, identifying design for edge cases, able to work with uncertainty, able to work quickly and analyze
- Accomplishing quality design, meets industry standard interaction design, prototype creation, positive feedback from stakeholders for design variables
- Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design required.
- Strong creative skills and ability to generate design ideas required.
- Advanced experience in creating and implementing usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams is required.
- Advanced knowledge of web technologies (i.e. HTML and CSS).
- Fluency with standard design software tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) required.
- Advanced interaction design and prototyping skills (i.e. Adobe XD, Axure, Justinmind) required.
- Must have the ability to understand and integrate customer needs and motivations into specific areas of product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Must be familiar with industry standards and trends.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Must have ability to own and drive projects. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
Top Three Required Hard Skills
- Converting Business Requirements into design
- Prototyping – experience with Axure
- Documenting interaction specifications