Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a UX Designer to work an initial 6 month contract with possibilty to exten onsite in Richfield, MN. This role is on the Customer Solutions Product Team.
The Customer Solutions Product team creates engaging experiences that make it easy and fun for customers to find and discover tech products and services that fit their lives. The team designs features and tools to help customers keep track of products as they’re shopping, discover new products they may not know about, find support and tips for products they own, and learn about ways to make the most of their tech. The team strives to design intuitive, personalized experiences that are truly focused on the customers.
The Customer Solutions UX team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join the team at the Richfield corporate headquarters. Highlights of your contributions to the omnichannel work include the digital customer account, order and post-purchase support, and the display of historical customer information and personalization. The best candidate is someone who thrives in and is energized by being part of a highly collaborative and agile work environment with deep cross discipline (UX/Development/Product) representation. This UX Designer will contribute towards iterative improvements and enhancements within this space while working with members of the broader UX team.
• Create and optimize wireframe and graphical assets for web, tablet and mobile screen display to support the team’s work and participate in the creation of low and high fidelity prototype and other similar artifacts
• Participate in the planning and development of new content and functionality
• Ensure that work is produced in a manner that is consistent by employing design standards set by enterprise brand style guides but also be able to translate and evolve these guidelines to improve the overall experience
• Collaborate with and support a cross-functional team that includes other UX Designers, Developers (front end and back end), Product Managers, business partners and other key stakeholders
• Work with other UX team members to effectively translate customer, business, and product requirements into a cohesive and consistent customer experience
• Help identify and participate in user research opportunities
• Remain current with industry trends, usability and standards, along with the tools and techniques for online experience development
• Work samples and/or an online portfolio are required for submission.
• 5 or more years information architecture and web design experience
• Expert wireframing skills with tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, or equivalent software
• Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite skills, in particular Photoshop or Illustrator
• Experience working with website, tablet, and mobile touch-based interfaces
• Proven ability to formally present and articulate ideas effectively
• Self-starter who remains current with web trends, usability and standards along with the tools and techniques for online experience development
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, MultiMedia, Information Architecture, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Human Computer Interaction, Instructional or Graphic Design, related field or equivalent experience.
• Design experience/project experience within a multi-channel retailer
• 2 year or more of experience in eCommerce development and optimization related specifically to pre-purchase digital experiences
• Experience working in other UX focused roles or web development is a plus.
• Wireframing tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Balsamiq, or Visio (Exposure to one or more) – Advanced or Expert level
• Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator – Intermediate level
• InVision – Intermediate level
1. Excellent communicator
2. Driven and self-directed
5. Take ownership of their work