Candidate will be passionate about UI and have a deep understanding of UX and design, working closely with marketing leadership to orchestrate and deliver superior, superbly crafted creative elements for the Company’s web/mobile properties and related marketing assets. The position requires collaboration with members of cross-functional teams in multiple countries. UX/UI Designer will help with defining user experience for a number of convergence projects as well as new projects including, but not limited to web, mobile, eLearning and software.
What is expected of you for success in your role:
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of digital marketing, internet trends and practices
• Displays a strong desire to stay ahead of the curve and remain relevant (i.e. Proximity sensors, haptic technologies, etc.)
• Displays a passion for perfection
• Leads and implements small to medium scope internal and external digital design projects
• Ensures end product is user friendly and relevant
• Ensures projects meet business objectives and timelines
What is expected of you and others at this level in Communications for functional success:
• Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and
• Collaborates with appropriate parties to identify the drivers leading to business success.
• Uses deep subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity implications.
Accountabilities in this role:
• Upholds and promotes application of visual standards in projects
• Plays a key role in interpreting business requirements and translating them to UI wireframes and storyboard concepts.
• Collaborates with the program team to flesh out concepts and quickly build concepts to socialize with key stakeholders.
• Ability to transition between various digital channels including web and mobile.
• Design and map the experience using journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other artifacts
• Supports overall project flow between graphic designers, web developers, IT resources, clients and vendors.
• Bachelor's Degree (major in marketing, communications, web design, fine arts, graphic design, journalism, English preferred). Masters degree a plus.
• 5+ years of creative design and UX experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing for a B2B/technology audience.
• Must have experience within the interactive, multi-media/web or advertising industry
• Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
• Presentation ability to convey company/product messaging and positioning through simple, effective style that is clear, fresh and concise.
• Conceptual chops with the ability to defend a design or rationale if you truly believe it will better the user experience.
• Exceptional Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign skills. Bonus points for Sketch
• Experience in prototyping software (Axure, Principle, InVision or similar)
• Ability to work independently as well as part of team, with a proactive and creative attitude.
• Understanding of project methodology and approach to business strategy, design and development.