I am looking for a solid UX designer. You should come from a coding background and have solid experience in qualitative and quantitative UX research. As with any UX role, you should be able to quickly and easily prototype in Basalmiq, Sketch, and Photoshop. You will be a creative solution designer to this strong product development team. You will bring the research and user to the forefront of the UI. You will be key to this teams success.
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, send me an email with your current resume and online portfolio! firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a little more about the role!
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for being the driving force in executing quality user experience for our Online, iPad and iPhone applications through the creation of high fidelity mockups, wireframes, prototypes, and graphical elements. Responsible for consistency across all three platforms, the UX/UI Designer defines style, layout, graphic, coding standards, and best practices for UX/UI development. The UX/UI Designer requires a blend of creative and technical disciplines.
Responsibilities and Associated Duties
1. Works closely with product owners to come up with best practices to share across multiple platforms.
2. Prototypes low and high fidelity mock ups, wireframes, providing content for multiple platforms.
3. Creates design specifications and visual prototypes, providing direction for implementation by the development team.
4. Builds information architecture, task flow diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
5. Designs compelling experiences with tight visual composition, including considerations for brand, type, color, and layout.
6. Creates visual standards for applications across product suite.
7. Identifies gaps between the current and the ideal user experience
8. Executes design through the creation and maintenance of style guides to support established standards & best practices across digital mediums for user interface. This includes site organization, page layout, navigation, style sheets, graphical elements, fonts, and color palette.
9. Works with product owners and developers to implement improvements to existing applications based on best practice standards for optimization of speed and usability.
Behavioral, Knowledge, & Education Requirements
o Results oriented
o Strong team player
o Good organization and facilitation skills
o Flexible and able to change approach when necessary to deliver results
o Excellent customer service and time management skills
o Solid communication skills (written / verbal) for technical, business, and leadership audiences
o Excellent ability to translate detailed business requirements into graphical concepts
o Collaborative mindset working with cross-disciplinary team members including product management, user research, development, and more.
o Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
o Prototype Tools: Flinto, Sketch
o HTML and CSS
o UX and UI design best practices and procedures
o Responsive and mobile optimized web design
• Education / Experience:
o 5+ years of UX/UI design experience desired
o BS/MS Degree/s in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or related field desired
o Must have experience in creating User experience for iPad, iPhone and Online.
o Portfolio that demonstrates the above knowledge and experiences for the role.
o Proven experience working in an Agile Development Process.
o Proven experience working effectively with offshore resources a plus.