Title: UX Designer
Location: Pasadena, CA (on-site)
Availability Requirements: Full-time
Our client, a e-commerce product subscription service with a geeky twist is looking for a UX Designer to join their team. You will be working with team of passionate, ambitious, impossibly nerdy people who cultivate their amazing fan community, provide support of the highest caliber, and generally just sit there radiating niceness.
You will create value for the customer by understanding and designing for their needs. You love challenging design problems and execute usable and thoughtful solutions through the use of best practices, qualitative/quantitative data, and collaborating with stakeholders throughout the organization. You have experience working in a fast-paced, agile and mobile-first environment, and you focus on making iterative and measurable improvements, rather than seeking perfection. You will work on a cross-functional team (product manager, developer, UI designer, scrum master, service designer, etc.), where collaboration and communication are crucial to your success. Your role is critical in infusing user-centered design throughout the organization, promoting a culture of customer empathy, collaboration, innovation and creative problem solving.
• Understand, document and communicate user needs and design solutions via key UX deliverables; formats include wireframes, process flows, use cases, interactive prototypes, customer journeys, personas, heuristic and competitive analysis
• Conduct rapid usability testing in order to identify needs/pain points, and iteratively improve designs and meet users' needs
• Understand complex business requirements and experience flows, and identify and design for multiple scenarios and use cases
• Work closely with other designers and product managers to ensure consistency across the customer experience (platforms, devices, channels)
• Plan and facilitate workshops/brainstorming sessions to help understand users, and inform requirements and potential solutions
• Making iterative and measurable improvements, and communicating them effectively
• Using best practices and qualitative/quantitative data to inform design decisions
Definitions of sucess:
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams that may not be familiar with user experience; ability to articulate design decisions and communicate the value of user-centered design
• Clearly define problems and opportunities, based on the analysis of users' current behaviors and attitudes combined with product team goals
• Negotiating and prioritizing design solutions, balancing the needs of the customer, the business and stakeholders
• Designing with a mobile-first mindset
• 3+ years experience designing for Mobile and Web
• Preferred education: Master's degree (or BA/BS with in-depth experience) in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Communication Design, Architecture, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Information Science or other relevant discipline
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment, lean UX, etc.
• Skilled in the following UX competencies: Interaction Design, Usability, Information Architecture, Content Strategy, and Prototyping
• Proficient in Omnigraffle, Adobe Product Suite and/or Sketch
• Proven, hands-on experience and familiarity with the design thinking process and user-centered design principles/methods
• Strategic thinker with a process driven, and collaborative approach, to design
• Desire to learn and continuously develop your skills
• Passionate (and geeky) about customer experience and design
If you are interested, please apply!
Who we are:
Vitamin T is a division of Aquent, a global leader in creative, digital, and marketing staffing. We are matchmakers between talented digital creatives and our clients in various markets throughout the US. If you’re looking for work on a freelance or temp-to-perm basis, we’re here for you!
Vitamin T will represent you within our established network and where you can enjoy the benefits of working hand-in-hand with an industry leaders, all while providing you with access to health/dental/vision/401k benefits. You also have the ability to participate in our awesome Talent Rewards program (Refer us a talented friend and we place them? You get paid!) http://www.aquent.com/rewards/ It’s pretty awesome.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: UX Designer