We're looking for a Sr. UX Designer for a temporary position for our client based in San Jose
The UX Designer will be responsible for partnering with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.helping to guide the user experience (interaction and visual design) .
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
- The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills.
- He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business, and how to solve for them through design.
- The ideal candidate possesses a solid understanding of Internet technologies, human interaction, and user-experience design, for web, mobile web and native app technologies.
- Should have a thorough understanding of usability and testing methodologies to oversee the quality of all projects he/she produces.
- On a day-to-day basis the UX Consultant is expected to create innovative solutions and to strive for making easy and effortless the norm and ensure that development has the necessary information/materials for a successful deployment.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• BA/BS or higher degree in related discipline; 5-7 years of professional experience in Interactive Design;
• Strong Visual Design/Layout/Typography skill set;
• Design system, pattern library creation a plus;
• Must possess a web-based portfolio;
• Must possess knowledge of Sketch. Photoshop and/or Illustrator are a nice to have.
• Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and life cycle across key channels and platforms.
• Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
• Technology savvy & curious; Experience designing systems and products for software developers a plus;
• Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
• Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web, or native mobile design.
• Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
• Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screen shots, design specifications and demos;
• Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs;
• Ability to understand and apply analytic data;
• Strong problem-solving, creative, communication and negotiation skills;
• Ability to work with minimal direction in a constantly evolving fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work harmoniously in small groups;
Only candidates with online portfolios will be considered