UX Designer - London - £62k pa pro rata plus perks
We are recruiting for the 6 months PAYE position with the media owner, technology Client based in Kings Cross London area.
The role offers the pay, enhanced holidays, and excellent funky, modern free facilities and annual pro rated bonus.
The mantra of the User Interface (UI) team is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." You have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction and visual design. Using your keen design aesthetic you design and conduct experiments with real users so that improvements to the user experience are based on real user behaviour. Your job is to make sure that our products are intuitive, accessible and usable to our millions of users.
* A proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences for multiple device types and contexts.
* Core interaction design skills, knowledge of the user-cantered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability.
* BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
* Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers.
* Supporting the creation of new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes.
* Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
* Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
* Collaborate effectively on a team and be willing to explore all options.
* Design is grounded in constraints, which serve as boundaries to work within and barriers to creatively overcome.
* The craft is, knowing when to conform and when to push the edge. Work closely with user researchers to better inform designs through users’ point of view.
* Deliver the designs for each release by following through on details with the Engineering team and driving fit-and-finish polish.
**Please also indicate your eligibility to live and work in the UK (British Citizen or appropriate Visa/Work Permit), your availability to interview and Salary expectation on your application.
*** Please note that this role is paid as PAYE inline with the client's policy.