UX Design Lead | Senior Level
Full-time Freelance (6 months but may convert to perm)
*Off site option if candidate can be on-site when required*
As a User Experience Lead you will provide User Experience design leadership to develop concepts, designs and experiences. You will bring vision and design leadership to help generate ideas and create purposeful designs that turn into working software. You’ll work with a talented team of designers and collaborate within cross functional project teams to shape product solutions and bring them to market.
A little about you:
- You have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of user-centered experience design, interaction design, user research and usability testing, information architecture, content strategy and the overall creative process.
- You have a solid understanding of the constraints and opportunities with the leading mobile platforms and digital technologies including; iOS, Android, tablets, Web, SaaS, IoT and wearables. You are an equally solid resolve to learn about new technologies and methods that enhance the physical and digital experiences.
- You have experience working with developers and engineers to help move products beyond blue sky concepts into actual shipped software. Prefer experience communicating with the engineering team throughout the sprints, not just at hand-off.
- You have experience leading other designers to help them develop their skill set. You understand the importance of fostering individual growth for each one on your team and providing them with constructive feedback that’s candid yet encouraging.
- You will help determine scope, schedule and product delivery roadmaps with other discipline team leads.
- You understand the principles of Lean UX, believe wholeheartedly in the scientific method and demonstrate judgment to move on when problems are solved to continue moving projects forward.
- Minimum 5 years UXD, preferably in agency or product development environment. Has led and directed a team of visual and ux designers.
- Practiced and comfortable in design thinking as it applies to overall experience and problem solving as well as interactivity. Audience, heuristics, usability practices and user testing experience preferred.
- Comfortable acting as facilitator and/or coordinator of design workshop for discover with client, focus groups and pilot user groups.
- Comfortable engaging with and leading client conversations, understanding their needs and goals.
- Strong problem solving skills and conceptual thinking. Enough technical experience to comfortably express and react to the technical and user interface limits of mobile and touch interfaces. This position does not require coding, but it does require an understanding of the ask for a given set of interactive features/functions.
- Expert level knowledge of relevant industry tools. Expert Communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to present your work and rationale to the team. Skill to work autonomously under tight deadlines. Driven to set standards for the look and feel of large, industry-leading mobile applications. Unyielding passion for creating the best interactive products in the industry.
- This position reports to the Creative Director
- Applicants must provide a portfolio with examples of mobile work (wireframes, app maps etc.), large-scale software solutions, and/or web-based applications.