UX Design Lead
This role is open to Northern or Southern California candidates and is 75% remote.
Are you interested in designing for an end-to-end healthcare delivery system?
You will be responsible for prospect and member experiences. You will help design web and mobile apps that allow our members to manage their health online; from scheduling appointments to messaging or video chatting with their doctor; managing prescriptions; understanding paying complex health bills; and tracking their health. Not only that, in the future you may even be able to work on the apps and screens that are used in our doctor offices and hospital lobbies.
The Principal UX Design Lead will own the overall UX strategy, architecture and framework for all our web and mobile products.
The chosen candidate will lead a small team of 1 to 6 internal UX designers, shaping the overall experience and design of a product area.
- Be responsible for and champion the overall experience and architecture across all channels and devices
- Facilitate workshops for journey mapping, brainstorming, vision sessions, and requirements gathering
- Drive innovative solutions within platform constraints and technical limitations
- User experience planning and development
- Create deliverables such as site maps, journey maps, models, user flows, wireframes/designs, and prototypes
- Research and explore how emerging technology, design, behavioral, and health care trends can best be applied to member experience
- Minimum of 8 years of UX/UI architecture experience
- Minimum of 2 years of enterprise UX
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex business and technical requirements
- Experience in web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Creative Suites, Sketch, and InVision
- Education Requirement: High School diploma/GED
- Component design experience preferred
● Act as the user advocate on cross-functional teams, ensuring that we are moving towards providing an optimal user experience for our members in terms of interactions and design aesthetic.
● Collaborate with a cross-functional team of other designers, editors, developers, product and project managers to ensure that we are executing against project goals and milestones.
● Ingest the business requirements, product goals and technical capabilities and come up with a successful UX solution that meets the business and experience needs.
● Provide direction and support for user interaction and experience, ensuring that users are able to interact with our products in intuitive, usable, and delightful ways.
● Provide direction and support for visual design, taking into consideration the interaction design direction, and adding the look and feel for brand identity and standards.
● Create key design deliverables such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, style guides, visual design comps and interactive prototypes throughout the project lifecycle.
● Apply branding guidelines, UX standards and voice to a consistent brand experience.
● Collaborate with the research team on usability testing, providing insight as well as prototypes for testing.
● Collaborate with development to check that output coincides with an optimal user experience.
● Collaborate with and occasionally lead outside vendors and agencies on projects that include cross-collaboration between external and internal resources.
● Research and explore how emerging technology, design, behavior, and health care trends can best be applied to member experience.