Aquent's Fortune500 client in Northbrook, IL is looking for a UX Copywriter for a 3 month (40/hrs, 5 days, onsite) with strong potential to extend beyond.
• Writing transactional and instructional copy, such as user directions, error messages, tooltips, FAQs, forms and buttons. The copy you will be writing is not marketing oriented.
• Serving as an integral member of the enterprise digital content team. This includes collaborating with other writers and content strategist to maintain and modify editorial and brand standards.
• Becoming an essential part of the user experience team responsible for the PBM digital experience. This includes researchers, interaction designers and visual designers, and covers, our specialty pharmacy and our Med D business.
• Collaborating with product managers, project managers, IT, QA, marketing, analytics and other stakeholders to understand business goals
• Writing emails, texts, push notifications, voice recordings and other outbound transactional messaging.
• Writing, rewriting or editing copy for minor fixes and updates as well as client-specific customizations
• Ensuring timely, accurate delivery of copy and copy documentation. You are your own proofreader.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Business Writing or similar
• 4-5 years digital writing experience, preferably in pharmacy or healthcare-related fields, preferably in a large corporation
• Proven ability to write transactional and instructional copy, such as user directions, error messages, tooltips, FAQs, forms and buttons. The copy you will be writing is not marketing oriented.
• Experience tailoring copy to required grade levels
• Knowledge of AP Style, ability to self-edit and/or experience as a copy editor
• Ability to collaborate with large multidisciplinary internal and external teams, especially with information architects /user experience designers.. Experience working with and understanding wireframes.
• Must be flexible and patient, as well as a critical thinker and problem solver. Must be capable of taking initiative, prioritizing projects and working independently. Experience as a team lead or point person on a team is preferred.
• Experience in obtaining input and feedback from multiple internal and external stakeholders while ensuring that copy ultimately meets the needs of the user. You must be empathetic and serve as the voice of our customers.
• Must have experience with content management systems; knowledge of Joomla is a plus.
• 2-3 writing samples