Create, revise, source or aggregate contextually appropriate content to UX guidelines Propose new content and determine impact on existing content Maintain a matrix of impacted content assets and conduct gap/competitive analysis Understand and promote best practices as they relate to SEO, UGC/Social, testing, optimization and localization Analyze data to understand user behavior and push for content improvement; familiar with data reporting tools (Omniture, Google Analytics) Create taxonomies and metadata frameworks for grouping and tagging content Use a combination of data analyses, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to make content decisions and orchestrate content development Execute multiple projects under tight deadlines Have knowledge and the ability to use content management systems, mobile apps, APIs, algorithms Knowledge of basic graphic design principles around color, scale, and typography
Our client seeks a content strategist who can deliver focused solutions rooted in the user experience principles of relevancy, simplicity, and delight. The content strategist also needs to be an exceptional copywriter who understands user psychology and how to influence user behavior through words.
Responsibilities As a Content Strategist you will be a key contributor in delivering smart, relevant and socially connected experiences. You will work within a focused but nimble UX team dedicated to creating effective, delightful and global product experiences that artfully unify customer needs with business goals.
• Work collaboratively within an agile product team made up of product managers, engineers, and fellow UXers to deliver world-class product experiences through iterative releases
• Write copy that drives conversions, click through and engagement, and influences user behavior through user psychology
• Be able to iterate quickly and provide multiple copy variants based on UX, and stakeholder feedback, and A/B test data
• Collaborate with other content strategists to ensure that customer-facing copy is consistent across all lines of business and points of sale
• Help document new content patterns
• Develop and communicate use cases, states and detailed content specifications through both verbal direction as well as physical assets such content matrices, copy style guides, and working within layout comps or lo-fi prototypes
• Assure project content meets standards of quality, measured in terms of usability, intuitiveness, persuasion, consistency, delightfulness, business metrics, and time to market
• Recommend and establish updates to the overall content process and style guidelines based on your daily project work
• Describe and present your methods, content explorations and tradeoff rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business stakeholders and UX leadership
• Advocate for best content practices within the UX team and the larger Expedia product teams.
Requirements To be a successful Content Strategist, it is a given that you are good with words, able to create, curate, edit and align information. You must also be a process-oriented, systems-thinker with a solid grounding in content organization, as well as the art of persuasion and marketing. You need to be able lean on best practices and standards, but have a love for experimentation and an ability to move quickly.
You must have:
Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
• Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
• Experience in writing and revising content, and sourcing and aggregating content
• Demonstrated team facilitation and problem-solving skills
• A professional and personal portfolio of useful, web content solutions in highly dynamic environments, including use of both structured and unstructured content solutions
Experience While we recognize that there is not one path to becoming a great Content Strategist, we look for:
• More than 3 years professional experience with online content strategy
• Experience with the design lexicon and working in the design process
• Experience in localization workflow and the challenges of writing for a global audience.
• Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science) And although not required, it is an advantage if you can demonstrate:
• Experience working within agile design and development teams