UX CONTENT STRATEGIST
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6+ MONTHS
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 TRAVEL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL UX CONTENT STRATEGIST! **
- As a Content Strategist you will be a key contributor in delivering smart, relevant and connected experiences within a focused but nimble UX team dedicated to crafting, effective, delightful and global product experiences that artfully unify customer needs with business goals.
- Work collaboratively within an agile product design team made up of product managers, engineers, and fellow UXers to deliver outstanding product experiences through iterative releases
- Use content frameworks and standards for the creation, curating, publishing and governance of original, licensed, and user-generated content for a range of optimizations and new features of a product or business throughout the entire lifecycle
- Collaborate with UX product and project teams to craft self-improving and increasingly more relevant and personal customer experiences and systems
- Partner with UX leads, visual and interaction designers, information architects, researchers, and client-side engineers to optimize the content elements based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, business metrics, and time to market
- Communicate use cases, states and detailed content specifications through both collaboration as well as physical deliverables such content matrices, copy style guides, and working within layout comps or lo-fi prototype
- Assure project content meets standards of quality, measured in terms of persuasion, consistency, delightfulness, and uniqueness
- Describe and present your methods, content explorations and tradeoff rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business partners and UX leadership
- Estimate work effort and help clarify deliverables
- Review other products and content design approaches to understand emerging standards and innovation
- Advocate for best content practices within the UX team and the larger product teams.
- To be a successful Content Strategist, it is a given that you are gifted with words, able to craft, curate, edit and align information, but you should also be a systems-designer with a solid grounding in content organization as well as the art of persuasion and marketing.
- Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Experience in writing, revising content, sourcing and aggregating content
- Concept skills and creative thinking with an eye for distinction
- A professional and personal portfolio of useful and delightful content solutions in highly dynamic environments
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing and Optimization strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (but of course)
- Experience in localization workflow and the challenges of writing for a global audience.
- Experience developing content solutions for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing and transaction-focused interfaces
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Experience working with responsive Web design solutions
- Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science)