Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a UX Architect to work an initial 6 month contract with possibility to extend onsite in Richfield, MN. This role is on the Browse Ecommerce UX Team.
The Browse Ecommerce UX team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join the Digital Brands team at our Richfield corporate headquarters. You’re an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated UX Architect who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with designers, product managers and developers to create easy-to-use experiences that delight users. You embrace the idea to fail fast and to test and learn as a critical part of innovation. You deeply believe that design is more than how something looks, but also how it functions. From the moment an idea is conceived to the weeks after it launches, your voice is essential in representing our users.
- Partner with product managers, UX designers, UI engineers, back-end developers, quality assurance and business stakeholders in the planning and development of new content, features, and functionality
- Translate business requirements, user goals and strategy into engaging experiences that drive measurable business objectives
- Define and communicate the user experience direction by using sketches, user flows, annotated wireframes, and prototypes
- Maintain a consistent focus on exceptional user experience by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, while taking into account the strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints to generate unique, user experience solutions
- Participate in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Be a partner in a Agile workflow, representing both UX and customer needs and facilitating the understanding, clarification, and implementation of user experience requirements
- Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
- Work samples and/or an online portfolio are required for submission.
- 5 or more years information architecture experience
- Intermediate wireframing skills with tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, or equivalent software
- Knowledge of user centered design, interaction design, information architecture, visual/graphic design and usability principles
- Experience working with website, tablet, and mobile interfaces
- Proven ability to formally present and articulate ideas effectively
- Effective problem-solving and issue resolution capabilities
- Be self-motivated with the ability to organize, prioritize, multi‐task and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a variety of project methodologies; agile, waterfall, iterative
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 accessibility design issues
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Self-starter who remains current with web trends, usability and standards along with the tools and techniques for online experience development.
- 3 or more years of combined app & web design experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Psychology, Digital Media Design, Communication, Marketing, Human Factors or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years experience working in ecommerce or other large, multi-channel environment
- Wireframing tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Balsamiq, Visio (Exposure to one or more) – Advanced or Expert level'
- Scrum/Agile environment – practical experience working desired
- Adobe Creative Suite – Advanced
- Effective communication
- Consultative skills
- Natural learner Collaborative
- Driven and self-directed