Our renowned Fortune 100 client is looking for (2) talented freelance UX and Visual Product Designers – one who is Visual Design focused and the other UX Design focused. After 6 months, this role has the strength to convert to staff.
This is a creative agency environment (within a corporation) - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. Our client is a pioneer in the retirement non-profit programs industry, receives 45 Best-in-Class awards for PLANSPONSOR magazine and is proud to embrace diversity as a pillar of their business principles. Other inviting things include a flex hours with a creative work schedule, business casual dress, open concept seating - and a dedicate Apple iPhone for business.
What You Will Do:
- This awesome Digital Experience Design Team has quickly earned a valued place in the organization by building the design system from the ground up. This team consists of 30 people in three locations – NYC, Charlotte, NC and Houston, TX and collaborates on projects such as research, creative technology, UX strategy, UX and visual design.
- In this exciting role, you will create consumer world-class product experiences by creating concepts and distill into simple, usable solutions.
- You will also sketch with other designers and developers to deliver high caliber solutions
- Contribute to product strategy by understanding product strategy by distilling and presenting findings; gather feedback on features once they are out in the wild.
- Partner with teams in other locations to share best practices, contribute to the pattern library and culture of the Experience Design team at large
- Design and test product solutions while using data to inform and iterate on product concepts
What You Need:
- 3-5 years Visual and/oe UX Product Design experience
- Background in agency, start-up and/or corporate is all good, it’s the design eye that counts!
- A strong portfolio is a must; the candidate must articulate their ‘design thinking’, speak to the business problems and process and how they delivered creative solutions.
- Expertise with Sketch and InVision, wire framing and prototyping, experience with system design, specifically using and helping to further develop a Pattern library, hands on experience with user research and usability testing
- Experience animating prototypes in Principle, Framer, Flinto or similar, knowledge of HTML and CSS, Agile workplace experience, Scrum certification or fluency in that process
- Passionate about product design and thrive on complex problems. You have high standards for yourself and your team. You are curious, ambitious and deliberate in your design decisions. You understand the entire process of building a product that solves real problems for real people.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org