Our team is hiring an experienced UI and content writer to write and produce user experience copy and how-to content for end users of a fast-growing, chat-based collaboration tool. You'll work with a fun group of people in diverse roles, collaborating across multiple design and technical disciplines to solve problems and deliver clear, friendly, helpful UX copy and content for the client’s use.
The right person has experience crafting user interface copy in partnership with designers and technical experts, a keen understanding of voice and tone for different audiences, a strong grasp of both content strategy and tactics/scheduling, the ability to quickly ramp up and change tacks as deadlines demand, and a collaborative, flexible mindset.
This is an on-site, 6-month contract in Bellevue, WA.
- 2+ years of experience creating and producing user experience copy (aka “UI strings”)
- Total of 3-5 years of experience creating and producing end-user-facing how-to content
- Experience with HTML/XML content authoring tools
- Experience with content management systems
- Demonstrated ability to adapt voice, style, and tone to the client's specifications
- Experience creating content plans that include multiple channels (right content, right channel)
- Familiarity with multiple mobile and desktop platforms
- Familiarity with Office 365 applications
- Experience with XMetaL & other XML based content tools
- Experience with content metrics and reporting
- Comfortable with a weekly sprint cadence