AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them hire a talented UI/Web Designer for their team in Richmond, VA~
In this position, you will be part of an agile sprint team as the user interface designer, you will be responsible for
1) Conversation Design: You'll establish a cohesive conversation with users , both within and across our many digital experiences. You’ll partner with the Content Designer/strategist to develop content requirements
2) Information Design: how information should be organized and displayed on the UI so that users can clearly find what they need (including information architecture)
You will also support user research - You’ll partner with the Product Owner to test and iterate your design with our users. You will also facilitate a Design Jam with the team.
- Concept and communicate ideas for numerous designs
- Produce clean, technically accurate files- Produce effective design
- Timely and accurate archival of Capital One assets(also assigning attributes)
- Understand and apply the basics of creative and business strategy
- Work with team to produce designs that are both compelling and cost effective
- Create final art for presentations and assist in Creative Presentations
- Create final art and files to be given to Developer
- Manage numerous projects at one time
- Complete work correctly and efficiently to meet appropriate deadlines
- Effectively communicate design specifications to Developer-
- Share knowledge and experience
- Act as a proactive leader on the team, and help influence decisions
- Make Creative Presentations when applicable
- Work with vendors (stock photo house, photographer, etc.) when necessary
- Understand overall budget constraints of projects
- Optimize graphics for web publishing
- Thorough understanding of the elements of good design, html production and web process.
- Will be held accountable for the technical accuracy of their own work.
- Able to complete tasks independently and as part of a team.
- Possess effective communication of ideas/development of presentation skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects.
- Perform effectively in a demanding work environment and show resiliency to stress.
- Understanding of basic Html
- Ability to optimize graphics using Image Ready or Fireworks
- Graphic design knowledge/skill
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of Information design