Calling All UI/Visual Design Gurus! Our ‘best-in-class’ enterprise investment client is looking for a talented freelance Visual Designer to join their innovative “Science Team” whose goal is to be the center of innovation and a catalyst for change in the industry. This role is onsite, NYC, 40 hours a week, 4 months with opportunity to extend, healthcare, paid sick-time, and other benefits are included in the freelance employment package.
This “Science Team” consists of 15 members (Front End, UX Designers, Testers, Analysts) and the healthy pipeline of work has resulted in the need to hire additional Talent. This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art creative design, and grow in the field of “AI-first” product development; along the way this role will contribute to game-changing products for the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry.
- So, what is this project all about? This new investment product is being designed for the smart, savvy investor. In simple terms, up to the minute news content and investment information will be pulled from trusted news sources to help predict the best place to put investments.
- As this client looks to redefine the Insurance market internally and externally through technology, user-centred design and customer experiences, they are expanding to include a Visual Designer.
What You Will Do and Need:
- Day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and Web products. There will also be the need to design presentation materials and collateral to market our offerings.
- 4 + years designing brand identities; art and creative direction; designing for web first, mobile and presentation materials
- In addition to strong conceptual design skills, success in this role requires the ability to articulate design strategy to stakeholders and cross-functional partners, with clear concepts and clean execution.
- Experience creating designs in line with current design best practices
- You will have the ability to refine ideas and create new designer for a highly visual experience
- Demonstrated excellence in areas of design, e.g., typography, iconography, colour, space and texture; experience collaborating with product specialists, software developers and stakeholders
- Experience working with Agile methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles
- Have designed for mobile web applications and responsive websites. Native app design a plus, and experience creating style guides
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com