For this 9 month assignment, Aquent's client is looking for a UI Visual Designer who will be responsible for the look, feel, and experience of one or more products. Together, you will strive to create products that people love to use and welcome into their home -- smart yet simple, delightful, and intuitive.
The client's products span the physical and digital worlds and, in addition to classic graphical user interface, use sensors, motion, audio, and AI to define the next generation of interaction. You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems, and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world.
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements
- Advocate for changes, refinements, and ongoing improvements
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, product managers, and marketing
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Design and create high quality user interfaces, illustrations, icons, data visualization, and motion graphics
- Asset and spec creation across platforms -- mobile, web, and client's products
- Strategize, brainstorm, and design key features
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design or a related discipline
- 3+ years work experience as a designer working on shippable products
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop
- Strong creative and visual skills
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color and grid
- Cross platform experience, designing for various screen sizes
- Solid understanding of hand-held device/web/mobile graphics techniques and production practices for both Android and iOS
- Experience working closely with engineers and product on technical projects
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience working with Lottie
- High organization and efficiency working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.